Policy last updated 27/09/2021
Jasmine is committed to protecting the privacy of its website users and those who consent to receiving marketing emails from our company.
Personal data we collect
We collect personal data from our website using Google Analytics to anonymously track how users interact with our site. This involves installing Google Analytics code on our website in the form of a ‘cookie’. Cookies contain an ID number which is assigned to a user and provides us with the following information:
- Your IP address (An IP address does not provide identifiable personal information)
- Your visits to our website
- The time of your visits and the length of time you spent on our website
- The pages that you visited
- Your location (although this might be influenced by the location of your server)
- The browser you are using
- Type of operating system
- The device you are using (e.g. desktop, tablet or mobile)
- Referral source (how you arrived on our site, e.g. search engine, direct url, social media or third-party website).
If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics monitoring your behaviour on our website, please use this link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
Alternatively, you can also clear cookies after every browsing session.
Otherwise, use a tracking blocker such as Privacy Badger – www.eff.org/privacybadger – a free browser extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera.
Jasmine can be found on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. These platforms are an important part of our marketing effort, so you may be presented with an ad from time to time. We may target ads at audiences that we believe match the profile of our target audience and would therefore be interested in our products.
These platforms are run by commercial companies and Jasmine is not the Data Controller or Data Processor of your social media profile. You should contact these social media platforms directly if you have concerns over how your personal data is being used and stored by them.
As a printer
Jasmine runs a commercial printing operation.
As a printer, we process and store artwork files with personal data for transactional purposes to fulfil customer orders. This can include business cards and sensitive data. The data is held on our archive servers and has been appropriately sourced through transactional agreements with our customers.
We have a policy in place to ensure that personal data obtained for transactional purposes to fulfil customer orders is removed after three years.
We also handle data supplied by our customers for the purposes of printing personal information for direct marketing mailings. This includes names and addresses. We are not the Data Controller in this instance – the responsibility for that rests with our customer – but we accept that we have responsibilities for processing such data on behalf of our customers.
We require written confirmation from customers that they have received the explicit consent to use customer and prospect data for personalised mailings. As a printer we do not retain mailing lists and delete all personal data once we have printed and fulfilled the distribution.
As an email marketer
Jasmine may also receive email lists from customers requesting that we design and fulfil email campaigns on their behalf. We require written confirmation from customers that they have received the explicit consent to use customer and prospect data for personalised email campaigns.
We use MailChimp for these mailings to manage these campaigns and subscription lists – see Your personal data below.
The purpose behind collecting information
Jasmine collects and stores personal data for the following reasons:
The anonymous tracking of website behaviour is to provide Jasmine with statistical information which is collated in aggregate form to help us improve user experience of our website and for marketing purposes.
Provision of other requested information such as news and exclusive offers to those who have subscribed on any web forms that we may have on our website from time to time.
The personal details of those customers who have purchased goods from Jasmine to process a transaction.
Your personal data
Jasmine will ensure that information provided by you will be stored securely and remain confidential with the following exceptions:
- The hosting of our website and associated data is carried out by nettl. They only process information to provide the functionality of the website.
- We use MailChimp to execute all our email marketing campaigns and manage our subscription lists. MailChimp stores their data in the US although they comply with EU – United States Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss – United States Privacy Shield Framework.
We will not transfer any personal data out with the European Economic Area or to any third party without your knowledge.
In light of a personal data breach, whether accidental or unlawful, we may need to disclose your personal details to the regulatory authority. In this instance it would be to the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office), the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
Jasmine is committed to protecting the personal data of all our website users, subscribers to our email marketing campaigns and printing customers who supply us with personal data. You have the following rights:
- To be advised on the personal data that Jasmine holds about you and how it is processed
- Access to the personal data that Jasmine processes on you in written form
- Receive a copy of your personal data and amend it if it is incorrect/inaccurate or has changed since first supplied
- Erasure of your personal data subject to legal and regulatory compliance and crime prevention
- Restrict the processing of your personal data
- Data portability that allows you to transfer it to another data controller on request
- Object to the processing of your personal data when it is based on public or legitimate interest
- Not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling
- Withdraw consent at any time
Where you have given consent to Jasmine to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent, at any time, by contacting the Data Controller (details below).
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Controller to have your case investigated.
Data Controller Contact Details
The Data Controller for Jasmine can be contacted as follows:
James Barbour MAAT
Managing Director – Sign Plus Limited and Sign Plus Limited T/A Jasmine
15 Ridge Way,
Hillend Industrial Estate,
Office: 01383 823000